Reyker Securities Plc (in Special Administration)
Mark Ford, Adam Stephens and Henry Shinners of Smith & Williamson LLP (“S&W”) were appointed Joint Special Administrators (“the JSAs”) of Reyker Securities Plc (in Special Administration) (“Reyker”) on 8 October 2019.
This website provides Clients and Creditors with important information and will be updated when additional information becomes available regarding the Special Administration of Reyker.
IMPORTANT UPDATE FOR CLIENTS WITH CUSTODY ASSETS & CORPORATE ACTION INCOME – 31 March 2021
The JSAs are progressing the Custody Asset transfers to the five Nominated Brokers. Approximately 90% of Reyker Clients with Custody Assets will transfer to one of these Nominated Brokers, and we have, to date, transferred around 86% of the Custody Assets (held by Reyker as at 14 December 2020) belonging to those clients to these new brokers.
Working with Clients directly, and the FSCS and Investment Managers where appropriate, the JSAs helped more than 99% of eligible Clients meet their Transfer conditions.
The JSAs are working towards completing the necessary arrangements for a sixth Transfer to a Nominated Broker, which will allow Clients with Intelligent Finance ISAs (“IF ISAs”) to transfer to a nominated broker. The proposed Nominated Broker’s sub-custodian is waiting for HMRC permissions in relation to holding the IF ISAs and this is expected shortly.
Although the process of transferring so many assets will still take some time, I am pleased to set out headline information on the transfers below with more information about the transfer process for each Nominated Broker (and by stock location) in the March Global update.
The JSAs have completed the vast majority of electronically held Client stock lines to all relevant Nominated Brokers.
The JSAs have also completed the necessary requirements for the transfer of all Custody Assets to Nominated Brokers Kin Capital and Pershing Securities, and have completed about two-thirds of the transfers to Thompson Taraz.
All Corporate Action Income (as at 14 December 2020) has been transferred to all of the Nominated Brokers.
All Pre-Pooling Client Money held per a Client’s instruction to hold the funds until the Nominated Broker was announced and have confirmed their instruction for the transfer, will be transferred to all Nominated brokers this month.
Reyker expect to process and transfer to the respective Nominated Brokers any Custody Assets or Corporate Action Income received after 14 December 2020 but before 28 February by 30 April 2021. This has been delayed slightly to allow for the development and testing of an improved software application facilitating greater connectivity between Client, Portal and Reyker’s up to date records.
The JSAs remain on target to start the return of Custody Assets to Clients that opted out of a Nominated Broker Transfer, by way of a Distribution Process, in Spring 2021.
Global update – March 2021
- The transfer of Custody Assets to the Nominated Brokers has begun and the JSAs’ have prepared a further global update to all Clients, which has been added to this website (dated 31 March 2021) and can be found here.
- Neither Reyker nor the JSAs can give Clients any advice whatsoever in respect of their investments and / or the distribution of Client Money or transfer of Custody Assets and nothing within the website, the Portal, or any other associated literature issued by the JSAs should be treated as such. If you are uncertain as to the best option(s) for you and your investments and the financial consequences, please seek independent professional advice.
- Given several instances of fraudulent communications seeking advance payments from Clients have been reported, we continue to encourage you to remain vigilant and to exercise caution when dealing with correspondence regarding the Special Administration and/or Reyker.
- Fraudsters are typically using fake website domain names or email addresses to impersonate Reyker and Smith & Williamson, such as ‘email@example.com’ [please note the differing email suffix] or ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ and may be masking their caller IDs to appear connected to Reyker, Smith & Williamson or other intermediary providers.
- We continue to communicate such approaches to the relevant authorities, including the FCA, and ask Clients to remain vigilant to such fraudulent communications.
- If you are in any doubt regarding the legitimacy of any communication regarding the special administration, please refer to the information provided on the dedicated webpage or contact client services directly on 0800 048 9512 or, alternatively, by email at email@example.com. Further information can also be found at https://www.fca.org.uk/consumers/protect-yourself-scams.
- If you have lost money as a result of a scam, you should contact Action Fraud on 0300 123 2040 or visit www.actionfraud.police.uk.
The JSAs have a dedicated telephone and email address for Clients and Creditors. These are:
- Telephone: 0800 048 9512
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.smithandwilliamson.com/reyker-securities-plc and www.ips-docs.com
Please note, given the volume of enquiries being received, it is not possible for us to respond to everybody’s individual enquiries, however, best endeavours are being undertaken to provide all Clients and Creditors with the latest information at this website. Where queries relate directly to the agreement of claims to Client Assets or the submission of Client Money Instruction Forms, we are seeking to respond to Client enquiries received by email within 48 hours.
For all press related queries please contact Mark Gee on 0207 131 4597.
The affairs, business and property of Reyker are being managed by the Joint Special Administrators who act as agents of the Company, without personal liability. Mark Ford, Adam Stephens, and Henry Shinners are authorised to act as insolvency practitioners by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales. Reyker remains authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. FCA reference number 115308. Registered in England No. 01747595
A glossary of key terms used within our Client and Creditor communications and published herein can be found here.