Reyker Securities Plc (in Special Administration)
Mark Ford, Adam Stephens and Henry Shinners of Smith & Williamson LLP (“S&W”) were appointed Joint Special Administrators (“the JSAs”) of Reyker Securities Plc (in Special Administration) (“Reyker”) on 8 October 2019.
This website provides Clients and Creditors with important information and will be updated when additional information becomes available regarding the Special Administration of Reyker.
IMPORTANT UPDATE FOR CLIENTS WITH CUSTODY ASSETS & CORPORATE ACTION INCOME – 29 January 2021
The JSAs are pleased to advise that on 29 December 2020 the JSAs wrote to approximately 95% of Clients to confirm:
The identity of their Nominated Broker(s);
The date on which the Transfer of their Custody Assets will begin;
That their Client Assets Return Statement is available to view on the Portal; and
Their legal rights under the terms of the Distribution Plan.
This letter also set a deadline of 22 January 2021 to opt out of this Transfer and for Clients to meet any outstanding Transfer conditions. This deadline has now passed and the JSAs are working closely with the Nominated Brokers to start transferring assets. No further opt-out requests will be accepted by the JSAs.
Working with Clients directly, and the FSCS and Investment Managers where appropriate, the JSAs helped more than 99.5% of eligible Clients meet their Transfer conditions.
Only 8% of eligible Clients opted out of the Transfer to their Nominated Broker(s) with the overwhelming majority of these being represented by three Investment Managers who ultimately wanted their clients to be transferred to a broker of their respective (different) choice. This low drop-out rate supports the JSAs’ strategy to make transfers to five Nominated Brokers.
Although the process of transferring so many assets will still take some time, I am pleased to set out more information about the transfer process for each Nominated Broker in the January Global update.
The JSAs transferred some 16,000 electronically held Client stock lines to James Brearley on 29 January 2021.
The transfer of all Custody Asset will still take several weeks with different types of assets each being transferred as soon as possible. The JSAs expect most:
electronically held shares to be transferred in the next three weeks
Corporate Action income to be transferred by 20 February 2021
fund positions to be reregistered by late March 2021
paper certificates to be transferred (subject to registrar availability) by the end of March 2021
Global update – January 2021
- The transfer of Custody Assets to the Nominated Brokers has begun the JSAs’ have prepared a further global update to all Clients which has been added to this website (dated 29 January 2021) and can be found here.
- Neither Reyker nor the JSAs can give Clients any advice whatsoever in respect of their investments and / or the distribution of Client Money or transfer of Custody Assets and nothing within the website, the Portal, or any other associated literature issued by the JSAs should be treated as such. If you are uncertain as to the best option(s) for you and your investments and the financial consequences, please seek independent professional advice.
- Given several instances of fraudulent communications seeking advance payments from Clients have been reported, we continue to encourage you to remain vigilant and to exercise caution when dealing with correspondence regarding the Special Administration.
- Fraudsters are typically using fake website domain names or email addresses to impersonate Reyker and Smith & Williamson, such as ‘email@example.com’ [please note the differing email suffix] or ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ and may be masking their caller IDs to appear connected to Reyker, Smith & Williamson or other intermediary providers.
- We continue to communicate such approaches to the relevant authorities, including the FCA, and ask Clients to remain vigilant to such fraudulent communications.
- If you are in any doubt regarding the legitimacy of any communication regarding the special administration, please refer to the information provided on the dedicated webpage or contact client services directly on 0800 048 9512 or, alternatively, by email at email@example.com. Further information can also be found at https://www.fca.org.uk/consumers/protect-yourself-scams.
- If you have lost money as a result of a scam, you should contact Action Fraud on 0300 123 2040 or visit www.actionfraud.police.uk.
The JSAs have a dedicated telephone and email address for Clients and Creditors. These are:
- Telephone: 0800 048 9512
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.smithandwilliamson.com/reyker-securities-plc and www.ips-docs.com
Please note, given the volume of enquiries being received, it is not possible for us to respond to everybody’s individual enquiries, however, best endeavors are being undertaken to provide all Clients and Creditors with the latest information at this website. Where queries relate directly to the agreement of claims to Client Assets or the submission of Client Money Instruction Forms, we are seeking to respond to Client enquiries received by email within 48 hours.
For all press related queries please contact Mark Gee on 0207 131 4597.
The affairs, business and property of Reyker are being managed by the Joint Special Administrators who act as agents of the Company, without personal liability. Mark Ford, Adam Stephens and Henry Shinners are authorised to act as insolvency practitioners by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales. Reyker remains authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. FCA reference number 115308. Registered in England No. 01747595
A glossary of key terms used within our Client and Creditor communications and published herein can be found here.